Senior Quality Inspector, Shop Floor (2nd Shift)
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Manufacturing team at Relativity Space pulls together the efforts of all other vehicle and manufacturing teams to deliver flight-ready vehicles for test and launch. To meet our goals, we will build best in class manufacturing, test, and quality control processes to keep our team moving fast while still producing high quality, well understood products. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspecting piece parts, subassemblies and launch vehicles throughout the assembly process. This role will be responsible for executing inspection plans and assuring the quality of our development and flight hardware.
*2nd shift starts from 12pm - 8:30pm* *there is an extra $2 shift differential*
What you’ll do:
- Conduct thorough in-process inspections on flight hardware, utilizing drawings, CAD models and established protocols to ensure adherence to design specifications
- Diligently review all hardware requirements and determine pass/fail status, documenting outcomes and any non-conformances or deviations found
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Engineering to develop and write inspection plans, acceptance criteria and procedures
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Technicians to improve quality of hardware and streamline our production processes
- Handle non-compliant products and aid engineering in identifying roots causes and implementing corrective measures.
What you need to know:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working as a Quality Inspector
- Experience using GD&T and standard inspection tools, including calipers and micrometers
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Familiar with in-process build inspections and/or detailed inspection techniques
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – ability to effectively communicate with engineering, shop floor techs and/or other inspection personnel
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, stand for extended period of time
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge of Aerospace hardware specifications, coating/processes, assemblies, etc.
- Experience at an aerospace or automotive start-up
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with NX, Teamcenter and/or Jira
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification (A&P)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace