Avionics Integration Engineer II
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Avionics team is responsible for the full lifecycle of all electronics and supporting hardware central to operating Relativity's rockets. The team designs, builds, tests, integrates, and operates the hardware which controls the rocket in flight, downlinks critical telemetry, keeps the public safe, and deploys our customers' payloads to orbit! Our hardware enables Relativity to reliably control our rockets while maintaining the flexibility to rapidly iterate our designs. As a member of this team, you will design innovative hardware solutions capable of surviving harsh launch and space environments. Your designs will support multiple vehicle systems such as sensors, propulsion, computing, actuation, energy management, and communications.
What you’ll do:
- Own the design, routing, and integration of electrical wire harnessing within the Terran R avionics system from conception to qualification and production, including connectors, cable, and supports.
- Collaborate across various disciplines including stage engineering, electrical hardware, propulsion, and software to design robust harnessing through architecture trades and requirements definition
- Utilize 3D modeling, 2D drafting, and electrical design packages to deliver detailed designs with considerations for production and test
- Validate designs for flight through rapid prototyping and test campaigns
What you need to know:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a full cycle design engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace engineering, or related field
- Electrical harness design and mechanical routing experience with 3D CAD software
- Demonstrated project ownership and accountability with integration and test of complex, multi-disciplinary electrical systems
Nice to haves but not required:
- Proficient with Teamcenter & NX CAD package
- Experience with Zuken E3 electrical design software
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support bring-up (e.g. Python, LabView, C / C++)
- Experience developing electrical and mechanical test fixtures, tools, and production harnessing
- Experience working with a hardware-in-the-loop system
- Previous work on a launch vehicle or spacecraft
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace