Media Relations Manager
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
As a member of the Communications & Brand team, the Media Relations Manager will play a pivotal role in proactive storytelling on behalf of Relativity to support the company’s news agenda. The Communications & Brand team is responsible for protecting Relativity's reputation and inspiring the public to believe in our mission and the power of the products and technology solutions we are building. This team manages all aspects of how Relativity’s brand shows up in the world, including media relations, social media, multimedia production, and design.
This role requires a creative problem solver who can balance the daily distractions without losing focus on placing valuable stories. They will draft public statements, write press communications, pitch, pitch, and pitch some more. The role requires an enthusiastic communications professional with proven media pitching skills and media outreach experience, and a strong record of placing high-impact stories in lifestyle, business, and technology media, key regional publications and broadcast. To be successful in this role, they must be solution oriented, flexible, self-driving and can change course quickly, think big and start small, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
As the Media Relations Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design and deliver creative communications campaigns and narratives.
- Drive awareness of the company and our technology through stories in relevant publications and through awareness campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Consistently and doggedly correct misinformation and inaccuracies.
- Manage product launches and program milestone announcements.
- Develop written materials, including product messaging, communications plans and FAQs, and other collateral
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum 7 years of experience working in public relations, preferably within engineering-led technology organizations
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Proven ability to build trust and rapport with journalists and editors, fostering strong media relationships
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace