Manufacturing Process Engineer II, Powder Bed Fusion
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Powder Bed Fusion team at Relativity Space develops, evaluates, and optimizes the additive manufacturing process for next-gen liquid propulsion products. This world class team puts in place the machines, materials, and process for us to rapidly iterate and deliver on Aeon-R hardware. The team is crucial to developing and demonstrating groundbreaking technologies, design, and approaches for Terran-R.
What you’ll do:
As the Manufacturing Process Engineer, you are responsible for the production of Aeon-R products across our Powder Bed Fusion Printers and post processing equipment.
- Support the installation, commissioning, and operation of Additive Manufacturing equipment, and perform process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Checklists, and Safety Protocols for Additive Manufacturing equipment
- Responsible for establishing of process flow and production line layout to meet production rate and quality goals
- Resolve non-conformances and perform root cause following through with corrective actions
- Perform manufacturing ROI and cost trade analysis optimizing machine capital and process improvements
- Develop and implement tooling and Statistical Process Control into production processes to further improve reliability and reduce cost and lead time
What you need to know:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with Powder Bed Fusion machines and processes
- Experience in ISO 9001/AS9100 manufacturing environments
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedures and training documentation
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement new engineering processes
Nice to haves but not required:
- Six-Sigma Greenbelt, SPC, & DOE
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, such as, 5S or Six Sigma
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace