GNC Simulation Engineer I
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are seeking a highly talented GNC Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution to the development of the Terran R vehicle guidance, navigation, and control. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
What you’ll do:
You will work closely with a multidisciplinary vehicle engineering team to develop control and guidance solutions, assess the impact of designs on vehicle controllability and performance, work with the flight software team to implement control algorithms and navigation solutions into Terran R, and make recommendations for changing vehicle configuration to meet controllability and performance goals. Additionally, you will support ground and flight tests for the Terran R launch vehicle.
What you need to know:
You will be working on a wide range of projects developing end-end solutions with a high level of independence and ownership. The day-to-day work focus may include:
- Developing the software needed to set up a simulation environment
- Supporting multi-disciplinary vehicle and software design trades and develop software requirements
- Running analysis software that captures complex software and physics interaction
- Simulation sequencer/scheduler and logging tools
- Developing visualization tools
- Developing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) and automation
- Developing simulation interfaces with Hardware testing
- Physics model development
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with compiled languages and creating high performance code
- Experience working with advanced software development practices such as Docker, Continuous Integration and Cloud deployment
- Experience working with numerical techniques such as ODE’s and optimization routines
- Experience in taking complex analysis results and clearly communicating conclusions and recommendations to management
- Excited about programming and learning new programming languages
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace