Senior Machine Maintenance Technician
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The maintenance technician team supports the additive and subtractive manufacturing teams by providing onsite maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment including CNC Mills & Lathes, Powder Bed Fusion Additive Machinery, EDMs, Automation, De-Powdering Systems, and other accessory components.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that production disruption due to equipment failure is kept to a minimum.
- Perform preventive maintenance as well as trouble shooting and repair on industrial/CNC equipment in a manufacturing setting.
- Converse with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before a breakdown, and to determine if the breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Test faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronics and equipment to diagnose the cause of the malfunction.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments and replaces/repairs defective components or equipment.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Ensure the safety needs are a top priority in operations support and work execution. Some examples are Arc Flash/Shock Hazard safety, confined space entry, LOTO, hazardous materials, hand tool safe use, etc.
- Orders and purchases parts, tools, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Work may include minor fabrication utilizing cut and weld equipment.
- Ensure work is completed using appropriate safety guidelines.
- Track maintenance schedules, maintenance hours, spare parts consumption, and warranty information.
- Participate in safety training, advanced skills training, and cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with peers, customers, and management in verbal and written forms.
What you need to know:
- 5+ years manufacturing maintenance experience
- Knowledgeable in maintenance equipment. This includes wiring, electrical, mechanical, electronic components.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Experience adjusting CNC geometry components including – straightness, squareness, linear accuracy, servo tuning, tool center point control.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following CNC control systems: Siemens, HAAS, Fanuc, Heidenheim, Mitsubishi.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills)
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root of problems and comes up with permanent solutions to remedy issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with others.
- Experience in Hand & Power tools is required.
- Lockout / Tagout experience is required.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Capable of being forklift certified.
- Lifting 30+ lbs and working in heights.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace