Senior Propulsion Technician
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
As a Senior Propulsion Technician, you will be on the front line of fabrication and assembly of the Aeon-R engine, as well as scaling manufacturing operations. This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced team and build the skills necessary to create robust and highly tuned engine systems. You will be hands-on with hardware from day 1, so strong attention to detail and drive to grow your skills are necessary traits for the role. You will interpret work instructions and engineering drawings to complete the necessary tasks, while providing valuable feedback to the team on necessary improvements. This role will be involved in several in-house processes and support resources such as precision cleaning, hydrostatic proof testing, flow testing, and engine assembly.
What you need to know:
- Experience running pressurized tests such as hydrostatic proof testing, pneumatic leak check, high flow testing.
- Experience performing quality inspections, repairing, and documenting work on critical aerospace hardware.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical system integration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions and engineering drawings.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required.
- Strong mind for safety - familiarity with proper use of PPE and adherence to OSHA requirements.
- Acute attention to detail and hand-eye coordination.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or GED.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace