Senior IT Systems Engineer
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Join a dynamic and innovative IT Operations team at Relativity, where collaboration and cutting-edge technology meet. As part of our IT Operations group, you will be working alongside a talented ensemble of Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators. This team is at the heart of our operational IT infrastructure, playing a pivotal role in managing diverse and critical aspects of our technological backbone. By joining this team, you step into a culture that values teamwork, innovation, diversity, unique perspectives, and a shared passion for advancing technology. Your contributions will be vital, playing a significant role in solving exciting IT challenges and driving success.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for an array of critical functions including overseeing critical IT infrastructure, managing sophisticated it services, and designing and managing highly reliable and powerful integrations, automations, scripted processes, orchestration, and other critical IT Operations focused responsibilities. Collaboration is a key component of your role. You'll be working closely with several specialized IT teams, each excelling in their respective areas. These collaborations include interactions with IT Services, Engineering Applications, Enterprise Applications, Cybersecurity, DevOps, and Networking specialized individuals within IT, plus a vast array of key stakeholders across the organization including high-tech bleeding edge manufacturing specialists, rocket engineering experts, and various other business units. You’ll lead (technically and strategically) integrations, implementations, and enhancement initiatives for much of our IT infrastructure, services, and resources. You’ll routinely define IT system management processes and automations, and then cross-train those processes and lessons-learned to the rest of the team
What you need to know:
- Technical Expertise in IT infrastructure, including a deep understanding of hardware, servers, virtualization, storage, services, platforms, etc.
- Management of active directory, domain policy, and integration with windows and linux systems alike
- Proficiency in managing windows and Linux servers and configuration management for a large deployment of endpoints
- Strong experience and creativity with automation and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc.) with demonstrated success to facilitate integrations, date orchestration, migrations and deployments
- Fundamentals of networking and the relationships with infrastructure and services
- Strong experience and knowledge of cloud services (AZURE, AWS, etc.)
- A preternatural inclination towards cybersecurity best-practices
- Experience with monitoring tools and the ability to quickly diagnose and resolve system issues
- Experience building and managing enterprise grade data management and storage solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience drafting policies and building configurations to compliance and regulatory specifications
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with ITAR compliant infrastructure management and design; experience with “gov” tier cloud service and platform providers
- Experience administrating and/or developing Atlassian platforms (including Jira and Confluence)
- Experience implementing, managing, and/or administrating Identity and Access Management platforms and supporting systems.
- Experience with HRIS systems and integrations with Active Directory and IAM solutions
- Experience with, and an understanding of, service frameworks (ITIL, ITSM, etc.)
- Startup and/or aerospace industry experience
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace