Senior Director, Quality
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Quality team supports all areas of production of Relativity’s hardware and defines the processes to do so. We work closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, test and launch counterparts to ensure the quality of our products. We help lay the foundation for all processes within the product lifecycle – design, buy, build, test and launch. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Quality organization and help lead the front on building the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation.
What you’ll do:
As the Senior Director of Quality, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the highest standards of quality spanning product, supplier, and quality systems across multiple sites. You will be responsible for building and leading a top-notch Quality team, driving a culture of excellence, and championing Quality at all levels of the organization. You will build and run quality systems and certifications, and you will lead the process to retaining AS 9100 certification. You will collaborate with our Supplier Quality team to strengthen our supplier relationships and enhance our quality standards. You will serve as both the strategic quality leader across the organization as well as a tactical doer to help us improve as we grow.
This position will be based onsite in our Long Beach, CA HQ. You will report directly to the VP of Manufacturing and directly manage a team of Quality Engineers and Quality Inspectors.
What you need to know:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Quality within a hardware industry, with a proven track record in both startup and large-scale manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Management through all stages of the product lifecycle: prototyping, development, launch, and sustainment.
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining Quality Management systems, and working knowledge of typical PLM, MES, ERP and QMS software.
- Experience establishing and maintaining all required certifications and upholding all relevant standards (AS 9100 and/or ISO 9001)
- Highly technical background, spanning multiple engineering competencies and/or integrated systems
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a startup setting while also thinking strategically and scaling quality operations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a passion for developing and mentoring team members.
- Exceptional influence and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners and stakeholders.
- Innovative mindset, capable of thinking outside the box and driving creative solutions to quality challenges.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace