Staff Materials Planner, Vehicle Structures
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch 3D-printed launch vehicles. As the Staff Materials Planner, Vehicle Structures, you’ll work cross-functionally to accurately capture material demand, maintain real-time visibility into supply sources and levels, and drive material requirements planning to inform procurement strategy and operations. You are the focal point who is directly responsible for the balance of material supply and demand across our entire value chain – i.e., from ideation to orbit.
What you’ll do:
- Support the build of our Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and processes within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) that will ultimately increase automation and fidelity of end-to-end planning operations. You will be heavily involved in the architecture of the system, and influence it’s evolution and implementation
- Partner with Procurement, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test, and Launch organizations to derive material demand from latest (Bills of Materials) BOMs and schedules that will drive material requirement plans and priorities across multiple vehicle missions and programs. In instances of unreleased or non-existent BOMs, you will work with engineering counterparts to determine the best strategy for planning management.
- Generate actionable material requirement signals and partner with Sourcing and Procurement personnel to develop and action material acquisition strategies. You will work with these team members to drive visibility into manufacturers lead times and assess the impact to build schedules
- Manage the mission-by-mission ‘Clear to Build’ process, providing accurate and real-time visibility into material supply & demand while ensuring operational equilibrium between Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Test, and Launch.
- Develop material allocation strategies/models for constrained or at-risk materials based on company priorities and supply conditions.
- Quantify material forecasts that will inform Sourcing’s medium- and long-term material acquisition strategies. In the absence of historical volume data, you will work to create forecasting based on evolving design releases.
- Ensure Procurement involvement in Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs) and buyoff on engineering release schedules. Additionally, you will drive cross functional engineering design releases to maintain build schedules.
What you need to know:
- Strong knowledge of MRP implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Finance/Economics, or similar
- 8+ years in a material planning role within a fast-paced manufacturing, supply chain, and/or engineering environment
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau).
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or similar
- Familiarity with Atlassian software including JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Teamcenter
- Familiarity with Infor ERP systems, and familiarity with Smartsheet
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace