PBF Technician I
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Powder Bed Fusion team at Relativity Space develops, evaluates, and optimizes the additive manufacturing process for next-gen liquid propulsion products. This world class team puts in place the machines, materials, and process for us to rapidly iterate and deliver on Aeon-R hardware. The team is crucial to developing and demonstrating groundbreaking technologies, design, and approaches for Terran-R!
We're building a team that's ready to discover, develop, and operate the world’s most advanced additive manufacturing technologies. In order to do that, we need driven technical leaders, project managers, and operators. As an early member of the PBF Additive Operations team, you will be critical to building the process and culture that develops the Aeon-R engine. You’ll have the opportunity to operate a wide array of equipment including Laser Powder Bed Fusion Printers, EDM’s, and Vacuum Furnaces. Your feedback will be critical to keeping the team at the cutting edge. Your attention to detail and consistency will keep our machines operating at peak performance.
This position will be working first shift hours (approx. 6am – 2:30PM) with occasional, scheduled overtime.
What you’ll do:
- Competently and consistently operate additive machines, auxiliary equipment, and post-processing tools
- Develop tools, processes, and training materials
- Continuously improve processes identifying and implementing new solutions
You have excelled in your career through an attention to detail, integrity, and a desire to improve. You have experience working on sensitive precision systems. You've driven every team and project you've worked on to success by improving efficiency without sacrificing safety and quality. You're passionate about building humanity's future in space and beyond.
What you need to know:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ year experience in aerospace or other precision production environment
- Highly proficient in verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with pneumatic, power, and hand tools
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- Experience operating machining equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to haves but not required:
- Associate Science in Advanced Manufacturing Technology (or equivalent)
- 2+ years working as an additive (powder bed) technician
- Experience with operating PBF (Powder Bed Fusion) Printers
- Experience with operating EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining)
- Experience with operating Vacuum Furnaces
- Experience in a startup or development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
- Ability to write technical documents
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Physically fit to wear Respirators
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace