At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are looking for a Construction Project Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, California. You will be responsible for real estate development, AE design development, and new construction to support Relativity’s factory and surrounding facilities. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to development a next generation launch site.
This position is part of our Launch, Infrastructure, and Facilities organization, which oversee launch operations, new construction projects, and facility operations and maintenance. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you connect various internal technical teams to define facility requirements and to develop solutions and will be our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies.
You will be responsible for managing the design and construction of new infrastructure and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, sub-contractor management, and construction management across Relativity’s southern California real estate portfolio.
What you need to know:
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Relativity, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class launch vehicle factory. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a background in field engineering, construction engineering, or construction management, and you have a passion for taking ideas and designs and making them become a reality in the built environment. You are a learner and doer at heart, who continuously engages across technical and operations teams to achieve amazing outcomes. You are willing to travel up 25% to support ongoing design, construction, and operations across Relativity’s sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or related discipline and minimum 5+ years of experience working in engineering or construction with a mix of hands-on field experience and construction management.
- Experience with design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with project scoping, budgeting, scheduling from both a day-to-day perspective as well as overall construction management
- Experience with development, permitting, land use controls, conditional use permits, and working with local government agencies.
- Experience with Architectural, Structural, Civil, and MEPF design, construction, and operation
- Understanding of standard construction procedures, best practices, means & methods.
- Understanding of California Building Code, International Building Code, and MEPF specific codes
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and modeling applications
Nice to have but not required:
- 2+ years of experience working in construction with a mix of hands-on field experience and construction management.
- Advanced degree or training in engineering, facilities design, construction, and/or O&M
- Experience with facilities and systems within the aerospace industry
- Experience working with industrial real estate
- Experience working with state and federal government agencies
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace