Test Engineer, Cryo/RF
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
As a Test Engineer on the Rigetti Cryo-RF Hardware Engineering team you will lead multiple test and validation efforts in support of next generation Quantum Computing hardware development. Developing test plans, performing tests and analyzing results for this emerging technology, including high-density, superconducting RF signaling systems at room temperature and in a milli-Kelvin cryogenic vacuum environment. You will investigate system reliability factors relating to thermal cycling from room temperature to near-absolute zero, and convey these learnings to Rigetti design teams to continually improve our hardware and to accelerate our path to quantum advantage.
Your role is integral to validating novel solutions in the quantum computing realm, collaborating closely with Hardware Design, Quantum Device Packaging Design, Quantum Engineering, and Electrical Engineering teams. You will be working closely with these teams as well as outside component suppliers to own and integrate your tests into the R&D and production release workflows in support of new, cutting edge quantum computer systems.
If you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment and excel at translating functional requirements into well-designed, statistically-grounded test designs this will be a fun role for you. You are able to identify both requirements and constraints, and manage effective test programs that navigate these inputs. You are a strong communicator who keeps stakeholders informed and involved.
- In developing and implementing test solutions for in-house developed DC / RF signaling parts and systems, including signal integrity characterization to meet internal specifications for next level integration.
- With precision measurements using a variety of electronic test equipment, such as DC source / measure units, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, lock-in amplifiers and oscilloscopes.
- With statistical analysis and regression models (Python preferred) Experience with automating measurements, maintaining python libraries and instrument drivers.
- With collecting and managing experimental data.
- Ability to interact with data structures (e.g. databases), organize test records, and ensure clean data is delivered.
- Demonstrated success collaborating in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Developing validation test plans, developing comprehensive test plans and procedures for qualification and acceptance testing.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on equipment and test article failures.
Proxies for Success
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with design and materials requirements for cryogenic and vacuum systems
- Experience with Python scripting (especially including e.g. numpy, scipy and pandas for scientific computing) for analysis and equipment automation
- Experience with Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and manufacturing process design and validation
- Knowledge of micro- and nano-fabrication techniques or experience developing MEMS or RF technology
- Knowledge of Test, test planning, and Evaluation practices
- Familiarity with documentation control, revision management, and PLM systemsStart-up experience a plus
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups are encouraged.
Rigetti Computing is a pioneer in full-stack quantum computing. The company has operated quantum computers over the cloud since 2017 and serves global enterprise, government, and research clients through its Rigetti Quantum Cloud Services platform. The company’s proprietary quantum-classical infrastructure provides ultra-low latency integration with public and private clouds for high-performance practical quantum computing. Rigetti has developed the industry’s first multi-chip quantum processor for scalable quantum computing systems. The company designs and manufactures its chips in-house at Fab-1, the industry’s first dedicated and integrated quantum device manufacturing facility. Rigetti was founded in 2013 by Chad Rigetti and today employs more than 180 people with offices in the United States, U.K., and Australia. Learn more at www.rigetti.com.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.