Sr. Infrastructure Software Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Rigetti is leading the computing revolution and we’re on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computer. You will be the conduit for Rigetti to share our cutting edge technology with the rest of the world.
As a Sr. Infrastructure Software Engineer, you are responsible for helping to build and maintain Rigetti’s core cloud infrastructure. You will help own/implement and maintain the vital systems that power all aspects of our business and you’ll work cross functionally with world-class engineers and physicists to pioneer the most advanced Quantum Compute Platform in the world. This is a rare opportunity to combine onsite quantum infrastructure with modern cloud technology.
- Assist in building/implementing and maintaining the backend software infrastructure of our quantum cloud
- Onsite support of our infrastructure at an Oxfordshire location (when needed, role is hybrid)
- Participate in follow the sun and the on-call rotation supporting our global infrastructure
- You’re a software generalist excited about solving deep technical challenges related to building one of the world’s first ever quantum cloud computing platforms
- 5+ years of experience working in Linux production environment
- Domain expertise with a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with modern CI/CD platforms such as Gitlab CI or GitHub actions
- Experience with configuration management tooling such as Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, or Puppet
- Understanding of systems, integrations and networking infrastructure
- Proficient programming skills using Python, Ruby, or Java
- Leads with an automation mindset
- Passionate about building a healthy infrastructure organization, facilitating team communications and mentoring teammates
- Experience working in public/hybrid Cloud platforms
- Experience with containerization frameworks
- Python (Flask and Ascynio), Postgres, AWS, Docker, Openstack
- Kubernetes, Terraform, GitLab, Ansible
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups are encouraged.