Senior Business Development Representative
Ripcord is the leader in intelligent document transformation, helping companies unlock peak value from their documents with its Robotics and AI-Powered Cloud platform
By unlocking meaningful data trapped in documents, customers can easily access the information they need, automate the processes they rely on and analyze the data that fuels their growth.
Ripcord customers include global enterprises such as Coca-Cola, IRS, Allianz Insurance, and MUFG. We’re based in the Bay Area, California and are backed by the world’s leading investors including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, Lux Capital, Icon Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and more.
At Ripcord, we respect and support each other. We want everyone to feel a sense of purpose and the freedom to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Your ideas are welcome here! Our team is diverse, driven, and dynamic. Every day we work with robotics, artificial intelligence and out-of-the-box thinking to bring the best out of our people and the most value to our customers.
Ripcord Business Development Representatives are the tip of the spear producing and driving business for Ripcord. In this role you will be in charge of generating new client business through design and execution of outbound sales strategies and methodologies and will play a critical role within the overall Customer First team.
What You Will Do
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market, analyzing market reports and other secondary sources to determine where to seek out new business
- Develop and execute outbound selling strategies and methodologies
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and other outbound sales efforts
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients in a professional and compelling manner identifying client needs and suggest appropriate products/services that meet those needs
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective client and Account Executive
- Work closely with the marketing and strategy team ensuring all communications, sequences, and sales efforts are in line with overall go-to-market strategies
- Utilize senior team members for training and guidance
What You Will Need
- Proven work experience as a BDR/SDR
- SaaS and B2B experience - RPA/Automation/AI experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques, including cold calling and email
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. SalesNavigator, ZoomInfo, Outreach)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics and other KPI’s
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Aptitude to handle questions and objections
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of our targeted audience
- Ability to partner with AE on territory strategy and execution
- MUST be a motivated “hunter”
What You Will Receive
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, electric scooters and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- Several employer paid healthcare plans (zero monthly premiums for you and your dependents!)
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
Ripcord carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, skills, and experience. The anticipated annual cash compensation for this role is $100,000 OTE. Additionally, Ripcord offers excellent benefits and stock options to all full-time employees.
- This is a Remote-first role, candidates can be based anywhere in the US. Some travel will be required.
- We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.