Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Ripcord is the leader in intelligent document transformation, helping companies unlock peak value from their documents with its Robotics and AI-Powered Cloud platform
By unlocking meaningful data trapped in documents, customers can easily access the information they need, automate the processes they rely on and analyze the data that fuels their growth.
Ripcord customers include global enterprises such as Coca-Cola, IRS, Allianz Insurance, and MUFG. We’re based in the Bay Area, California and are backed by the world’s leading investors including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, Lux Capital, Icon Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and more.
At Ripcord, we respect and support each other. We want everyone to feel a sense of purpose and the freedom to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Your ideas are welcome here! Our team is diverse, driven, and dynamic. Every day we work with robotics, artificial intelligence and out-of-the-box thinking to bring the best out of our people and the most value to our customers.
As a member of the DevSecOps team, you will play a crucial role in designing, development, deployment, integration, and scale of security services & functions across Ripcord. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevSecOps initiatives. To be successful, one must effectively communicate with our development and operations team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale.
Who You Are:
- A US citizen, with authorization to work in the US.
- You are a student of technology. You delight in learning new tools and ways of improving. But you are not satisfied until you apply those new ideas to what you do.
- You are a student of people. You enjoy learning new names and sharing life stories. You don’t push but you persuade. You don’t judge and you reward risk-taking. You don’t lead by mere words but by example. You meet people where they are. When you turn around, you see others following your path.
What You will Do:
- Facilitate the security baked into our applications throughout the software development lifecycle
- Integrate vulnerability management services into build pipelines and the Ripcord platform.
- Explore innovative solutions to enable Ripcord business instead of “Security says No”
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- Set up security tooling and secure defaults to ensure software security best practices
- Triage and recommend solutions for security bugs from tools, third party assessments and bug bounties
- Collaborate with the Compliance and security team to grow the broader Ripcord security program
- Share your security experience with other teams internally and externally via security conferences and blogs
- Help your peer engineers grow their own security reasoning and knowledge
What You will Need:
As a person:
- Failure in the past that led to meaningful change.
- “Stay Calm and Automate” mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Willing to seek feedback and improve.
- Unwavering faith in Automation.
As an engineer:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud service provider
- 5+ years of experience as a security engineer, software engineer, DevOps engineer Or Site reliability engineer.
- Experience with Compliance/Security initiatives like SOC, ISO, FedRAMP, etc.
- Understanding of security weaknesses, exploits, attacks and mitigations
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security products, features, and strategies;
- Coding ability. You will write Python/Go code, security peer review code, build proofs of concept and implement automation scripts
- Excellent collaborative skills. Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Experience with most of the following:
- Cloud Security Posture Management
- Security Code Review
- Open Policy Agent
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
Ripcord carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, skills, and experience. The anticipated annual cash compensation for this role is between $180,000 - $195,000. Additionally, Ripcord offers excellent benefits and stock options to all full-time employees.
We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.