Sr. Manager of Accounting
At Runway, we believe everyone has a story to tell. Our mission is to make professional video and content creation accessible to all. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, the web, and machine learning to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling 🚀
Over the last four years, we’ve raised funding from top-tier investors and partners including Amplify, Coatue, Compound, Felicis, Google, Lux, NVIDIA, and Salesforce. Our team consists of creative, open minded, caring, and entrepreneurial individuals from all walks of life. We aspire to build incredible things which starts with building an incredible team, so we’d love to hear from you! 😁
About the role 🎉
At Runway, we’re looking for an accounting leader to partner with our Head of Finance to plan and build the foundation for Runway’s Accounting function. In this role, you will own the entire general ledger and financial close process, inclusive of monthly reporting, as well as proposing and implementing changes and automations that enable timely and accurate reporting.
You have experience working both in public accounting as well as at a high-growth private company, and are comfortable building a function from scratch and leading it.
What you’ll do 🎨
- You will report into the Head of Finance whilst leading the accounting function
- Manage all accounting operations for Socure including maintaining the General Ledger, Procure to Pay, Payroll, Internal Controls, and Cash Management
- Prepare and publish timely and accurate financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements in accordance with GAAP
- Lead month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes, ensuring adherence to deadlines and accuracy of financial reporting. Build and implement a plan to execute monthly against a 5 business day close.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure compliance in an industry that is rapidly evolving and changing
- Prepare and coordinate annual audits and any regulatory audits, working closely with external auditors.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
What you’ll need 💻
- CPA License is not a strict requirement, but is highly preferred.
- Must have the capacity to think big, a bias for action, and willingness to take ownership.
- Growth mindset that prioritizes continuous operational improvement and service excellence.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations (GAAP).
- Proficient in accounting software and ERP systems; experience with cloud-based financial tools is a plus.
- Experience with scaling business processes globally and operating in environments that have achieved significant scale.
- Experience in leading internal controls design.
- Excitement about AI and motivation to continuously learn more about accounting for this new and exciting space!
Runway strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on competitive market rates for our size, stage and industry, and salary is just one part of the overall compensation package we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $140,000-$200,000
Working at Runway 🥳
We are a small and growing team of artists, engineers, researchers, and dreamers working together to reimagine creativity. And we’re building a unique team of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that this will allow us to continue to up-level each other, our company, and our product. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Keep exploring Runway: