Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001 compliant manufacturing facilities in Livonia, Michigan, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is Manufacturing Technician important to us?
As a Manufacturing Technician together with your team, you will be tasked with executing the complete 3D printing manufacturing process from start to end, seeing a virtual model getting created into its final physical customer-ready product. In executing and operating the processes and equipment you will become intimately familiar with the entire manufacturing process. As a true team player, you will not only be expected to run your part of production but also to help your team with operations, process, and product improvements. In short, together with your team, you will work in a fast and ever-changing environment making sure that every customer order is printed in time to perfection and provide critical feedback to improve product quality and production efficiency.
This is a full time role and will require you to work Monday - Friday, from 8am-5pm EST.
*We have strict COVID precautions in place that meet or exceed all Federal, State, and CDC recommendations*
In this role, you will:
- Perform finishing processes (polishing, dyeing, air sandblasting etc.)
- Clean and sort 3D printed parts
- Operate media and airblasting equipment
- Helping with factory upkeep and cleaning to ensure products are created in a safe and efficient environment
- Ensure understanding of all safety, quality, and operational procedures, in order to utilize tools, equipment, electronic/computer systems in 3D printing post-production
- Ensure proper PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment) is used as directed by signage
- Ensure understanding of Quality Control requirements for color, part strength, etc.
- Manage, stock, and prepare the resources and materials used in post-production
- Provide operational support to other departments when required.
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Vocational diploma or equivalent experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Have Minimum 1-3 years of packing or assembly manufacturing experience
- Have equipment operator experience in a manufacturing environment
- Are able to work independently
- Are a constructive team player with good social & communication skills
- Feel comfortable taking ownership of timely execution of own and team’s daily objectives
- Are a hands-on problem solver
- Able to work at least one day during the weekend
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Paid Time Off - 14 PTO days accrued plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development- Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional