Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is the Quality Technician role important to us?
Shapeways is seeking a Quality Technician to oversee the inspection of all parts and assemblies during manufacturing. The Quality Technician will ensure that quality standards are met through testing, inspection, reporting, and process improvement initiatives.
Please note, the working hours for the role are as follows:
- 1st Shift: 7 am to 3:30 pm
In this role, you will:
- Champion inspection of all parts and assemblies based on internal and customer requirements during all stages of the manufacturing process
- Carry out product tests to define procedures, formally document and report out data to the team(s)
- Provide technical support in all areas regarding quality inspection
- Investigate any quality issues to identify root cause and raise appropriate corrective action paperwork and ensure issues are addressed
- Participate/Support in root cause analysis and resolving problems (5 WHY)
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments
- Attend and report out data at team meetings as assigned
- Maintain the calibration system, ensuring all equipment is correctly calibrated and in good working condition
- Carry out internal audits as required
- Support document control by collecting, reporting and dissemination data
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities for process changes as needed
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF/ISO9001)
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- High school diploma or equivalent required; additional education (college degree, vocational training, certification) or prior experience in manufacturing preferred
- Previous experience in a quality technician role within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and fully interpret engineering drawings (GD&T preferred)
- Proven experience of completing visual inspections of composite components and understanding of relevant process terminology
- Knowledge of measurement tools and basic gages (metrology) is necessary
- Awareness of IATF/ISO 9001 Requirements
- Understand lean manufacturing (6S, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Analytical skills
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Accrued PTO that starts on day 1, plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSAs to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace
- Quarterly Employee Engagement Events - We will meet virtually, work in small teams, and compete for a prize!