Shift Supervisor (Multiple Shifts Available)
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol SHPW.
Why is the Shift Supervisor important to us?
Shapeways is seeking a Shift Supervisor to enhance operational efficiency and quality within our plastic injection molding facility. This role is pivotal in maintaining our commitment to innovative manufacturing and exceptional service. The Shift Supervisor will lead the first, second, or third shifts, oversee the manufacturing and support departments, and ensure a safe work environment. This individual will play a crucial role in driving our operational success by managing personnel, production schedules, and manufacturing metrics.
Shift times are as follows:
1st Shift: 7 am to 3:30 pm
2nd Shift: 3 pm to 11:30 pm
3rd Shift: 11 pm to 7:30 am
In this role, you will:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the manufacturing and manufacturing support departments.
- Assist with recruitment, training, performance management, and scheduling of all associates, including time and attendance reporting via ADP.
- Troubleshoot process issues and implement solutions to maintain production flow.
- Manage production scheduling to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Act as the primary leader for the first shift, supervising employees across multiple departments.
- Enforce safety protocols and promote the company’s safety culture.
- Monitor and report on key manufacturing metrics, such as press utilization, equipment effectiveness, setup times, and scrap rates.
- Uphold high standards for quality, safety, and customer service, aligning with company objectives.
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- Technical knowledge and experience in injection molding processing, scheduling, and assembly.
- Proven ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, capable of conveying corporate strategies and operational plans.
- High-School Diploma/GED; Associate Degree or completion of apprenticeship programs is a plus.
- Experience with ADP for time and attendance reporting.
- A track record of commitment to safety, quality, and productivity standards.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to meet production goals.
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSAs to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace
- Quarterly Employee Engagement Events - We will meet virtually, work in small teams, and compete for a prize!