Quality Engineering Manager
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol SHPW.
Why is the Quality Manager role important to us?
Shapeways is seeking a full-time on-site Quality Manager to oversee our manufacturing quality assurance team and practices.. The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all manufactured products meet the established standards of quality, including raw materials and finished products. The Quality Manager will design, implement, and improve quality control procedures and documentation, train employees, investigate quality issues, and manage audits and certifications.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the QMS and all aspects of proactive and reactive quality control and assurance in our injection molding facility in Charlotte, MI. They will lead the quality team to maintain high standards, implement quality processes, and work closely with manufacturing to troubleshoot and resolve quality issues.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and oversee the company's Quality Management System, ensuring it meets the needs of a growing and dynamic business.
- Lead the development and implementation of quality assurance metrics and reporting systems for internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the product and technology teams to ensure successful launches and consistent quality of new products and materials.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to develop and maintain supplier quality standards and performance metrics.
- Maintain ISO 9001 and other relevant certifications, leading audit preparations and compliance efforts.
- Work closely with program management and strategic customer representatives regarding new tool and program startups.
- Set quality objectives and ensure performance is measured and aligned with company-wide goals.
- Roll up your sleeves to investigate manufacturing issues and defects, facilitating root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Oversee Environmental Health & Safety protocols and conduct internal EHS audits.
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- 5+ years of experience in quality management within a manufacturing environment, ideally plastic injection molding in the automotive, defense, and transportation space.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, quality assurance, or a related field.
- Proficiency in quality system standards like ISO 9001, lean management, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Practical experience in the Automotive, Defense, or Aerospace industry, with a strong understanding of quality processes like PPAP, NPI, APQP, and PFMEA.
- A solid grasp of statistical methods pertinent to quality control and assurance.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to lead teams and drive improvements.
- A proactive, hands-on approach to problem-solving on the manufacturing floor.
- Experience in plastics and metal manufacturing environment is helpful - injection molding, milling, additive manufacturing.
This position requires a presence at our Livonia or Charlotte, Michigan facilities, with the expectation of regular on-site engagement to maintain hands-on quality leadership.
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups, who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team, and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Accrued PTO starting on day 1, plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSAs to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered.
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace or redeemed toward cool merchandise at our Swag Store.
- Quarterly Employee Engagement Events - We will meet virtually, work in small teams, and compete for prizes!