Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol SHPW.
Why is the Operations Manager role important to us?
Shapeways is looking for an Operations Manager to spearhead the advancement and professional enhancement of our production and distribution operations at our Livonia facility.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operational activities, ensuring the seamless production and distribution of our custom, on-demand manufactured 3D prints. This role is pivotal in driving growth, championing a culture of continuous improvement, and building a data-driven operational strategy to achieve our quality and financial objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Direct and optimize day-to-day operations to surpass customer expectations.
- Provide hands-on, tactical leadership and decision-making to manufacturing and distribution teams.
- Maintain production schedules, manage budgets, and deliver on COGS and GM objectives.
- Implement capacity planning, machine availability, and staffing optimization to achieve manufacturing targets.
- Elevate process performance through continuous improvement of methods, equipment, workflows, and instructions.
- Develop and enforce a data-centric approach to monitor and enhance productivity, minimize waste, and bolster quality.
- Cultivate a strong, trust-based rapport with the workgroup; recruit, direct, and advance the operations team and team leads.
- Facilitate collaboration across commercial, product, finance, and other operations divisions.
- Construct and oversee return on assets that drive quality, productivity, and new business opportunities.
- Stay informed on the latest production management trends and additive manufacturing best practices.
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- 7+ years of operations management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field; advanced degrees are preferred.
- Proven track record in managing production and distribution teams within a high-volume manufacturing setting.
- Proficient in data analysis, reporting, and capacity planning with a focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Strong leadership and team development skills, with an ability to motivate and lead by example.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of effectively collaborating with various levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with industry-standard software, tools, and technologies pertinent to manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Aligned with our core values; One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups, who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and Perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Accrued PTO starting on day one, plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace