Mold Maintenance Technician
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol SHPW.
Why is the Mold Maintenance Technician important to us?
Shapeways is seeking an Injection Mold Maintenance Technician to ensure the optimal functioning of our plastic injection molds, a critical component in our digital manufacturing platform. The technician plays a vital role in maintaining the high-quality manufacturing standards that our customers rely on by implementing a rigorous mold maintenance program. This position directly contributes to our ability to produce a diverse range of products efficiently and with precision, embodying our commitment to innovation, quality, and customer satisfaction.
The Injection Mold Maintenance Technician will establish and execute a preventative maintenance schedule for plastic injection molds, ensuring all tools are in excellent working condition. This role involves hands-on maintenance work, including using machine and hand tools and occasionally assisting with setting injection molds. Through effective maintenance practices, the technician will prevent downtime, extend mold life, and uphold Shapeways’ reputation for manufacturing excellence.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance schedule for all plastic injection molds.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks using machine and hand tools, ensuring molds are in optimal condition.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities to track the performance and condition of each mold.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager, 1st Shift Supervisor, and General Manager to prioritize maintenance tasks.
- Assist in the setting of injection molds as required, contributing to the smooth operation of manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that personal hand tools are maintained and in good working condition for use in mold maintenance activities.
- Work effectively across different teams, demonstrating strong teamwork and communication skills.
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- 5+ years of experience in plastic injection mold maintenance, including experience with mold tear-downs, re-assembly, and preventative maintenance.
- High School Diploma/GED; further education in a relevant field is a plus.
- Familiarity with wiring manifolds and hot runners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting strong teamwork skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities and a detail-oriented approach to tasks.
- A commitment to maintaining high-quality standards and contributing to continuous improvement efforts.
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups, who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and Perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Accrued PTO starting on day one, plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace