Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol SHPW.
Why is the People Operations Generalist important to us?
Shapeways is seeking a People Operations (HR) Generalist to join our team supporting our Michigan worksites. This team member will be responsible for various HR functions for our Michigan worksites, including employee relations, employee training, compliance, conducting employee investigations, and other administrative tasks.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Fostering positive relationships between the company and its employees, promoting a healthy work environment, and ensuring compliance with labor laws and company policies
- Serve as a main point of contact for operations employees and management to address and resolve workplace issues, conflicts, and concerns fairly and objectively.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations into employee complaints, disciplinary matters, and workplace incidents. Prepare comprehensive reports and recommend appropriate actions to address any identified issues.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process, including job posting, screening, interviewing, and onboarding.
- Support employees on HR-related issues, including benefits, payroll, and leave of absence.
- Manage all aspects of employee training, including planning, coordinating, and delivering training programs to ensure employee development and competency.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws and regulations, including OSHA, EEOC, and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage employee records and maintain accurate and up-to-date HR data.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Keep management informed
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- 4+ years working in human resources, specifically employee relations and training and development, is required
- Experience working in manufacturing is required
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution, and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Appreciation and understanding of diversity
- HRIS and ADP Workforce Now experience required
- Proficient with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn software systems.
- The location of this role is full-time on-site in Charlotte, MI, with the flexibility to consistently travel to our Livonia, MI, worksite.
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Accrued PTO starting day one, plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSAs to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace