Senior Customer Engineer - APAC
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
🌎 Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
Why this job is exciting
As a Senior Customer Engineer (pre-sales), you will have broad responsibility and growth potential in helping us take our pre-sales organization to the next level. Our customers are the world's leading technology organizations. No other role at any other company gives you insight into how so many world-class organizations and developers build software at scale, and no other role at any other company puts you right in the middle of it all like we. Learn more about our team in our handbook here.
📅 Within one month, you will…
- Learn about our products, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Set up your own fully configured sandbox instance
- Start building a trusting relationship with your peers on Sales, Value Engineering, Post-sales Success (Technical Advisory) and Support teams
- Join customer and prospect calls with some of our largest customers to understand their needs, how we communicate the value of Sourcegraph, and how we deliver positive impact to our customers’ business
- Get demo certified
📅 Within three months, you will…
- Continue to take ownership of more prospective relationships partnering with up to three Account Executives (AEs)
- Lead early-stage conversations with prospective customers and delve into the technical needs for success
- Serve as an advocate on behalf of your customers by bringing important insights and feedback back to internal teams
- Drawing from past experience, as well as observations, make internal contributions by identifying opportunities to help propose and deliver solutions
- Participate in Customer Engineer-led projects which will mature our own capabilities, increase the breadth of our footprint both internally and externally, and positively impact our business and our customers
📅 Within six months, you will…
- Establish yourself as a thought leader and evangelist by using your insights to teach prospective customers new and better ways to get value from Sourcegraph.
- Mentor, recruit and train teammates, prospects, and new hires
💪 You are an enthusiastic, proactive, driven, and results-oriented Customer Engineer who shares our values and has a passion for getting prospective customers to that a-ha moment with Sourcegraph!
🔍 The ideal candidate:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically across technical presentations and product demonstrations; ability to influence and excite a technical audience.
- You are well versed in back end infrastructure architecture
- You are very technically inclined and have a propensity to code and or hack code.
- You are a problem solver, love to troubleshoot.
- You have experience troubleshooting Docker and Kubernetes environments.
- You have experience in a relevant role such as Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, or Solution Architecture across a technical product.
- Either through direct experience or deep understanding, working knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle and concepts such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Note: You do not need to be a software engineer to be successful in this role!
- You have the ability to speak fluently with our developer champions and users (who are all developers themselves).
- You have the strategic mindset to be able to identify opportunities and potential solutions to solve both internal and external problems or gaps, and you can use your skills to apply the appropriate solution.
- You enjoy building tools, templates, and technical enablement collateral.
- You have an organized approach to work, with demonstrated ability to proactively manage a set of concurrent opportunities, to make difficult prioritization decisions, and to use data to guide decision-making.
- You’re not afraid to learn a new skill to solve a problem that benefits or unblocks a deal.
- You work well independently.
📊 This job is an IC4. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $162,969 USD base + $54,323 USD variable = $217,292 USD on-target-earnings.
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Interview process [~4.75 hour total interview]
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30 min] Recruiter Screen
- [30 min] Hiring Manager Screen
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [60 min] Resume Deep Dive
- [45 min] Cross-Functional Collaboration - with an Account Executive
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you will gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30 min] Values Interview
- [60 min] Leadership Panel (requires preparation)
- [30 min] Co-founder interview
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Something looks off?