Technical Advisor, Scaled - West Coast (post-sales) [IC2]
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
🌎 Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with PST for at least 30 hours/week.
Why this job is exciting
You will help establish the newly formed Pooled Success team at Sourcegraph. As a Technical Advisor, you will manage the relationships of up to 50 Mid-Market and Enterprise customers on an on-rotation & on-demand basis. You’ll ensure the customers' developers love our platform, remain happy customers, and grow month after month. You'll also help our customers solve technical problems while driving key metrics like adoption, usage and consumption.
📅 Within one month, you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your partners on Scaled Success, Customer Engineering, Implementation Engineering, Sales, and Support teams.
- Learn about our product, our value proposition, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Join or review customer and prospect calls to understand their challenges and needs.
- Help define the Pooled Success customer journey, considering the existing activities from the Scaled Success and named accounts journeys.
- Have built an on-demand and on-rotation coverage plan process for Pooled Success customers to review common success plans and goals.
📅 Within three months, you will…
- Be assigned your first customers with whom you’ll begin to define common success plans and goals to be worked on and reviewed frequently.
- Ensure your customers derive maximum value from their investment in Sourcegraph; develop account success plans based on insights and needs where necessary.
- Execute current processes and playbooks that provide value to our customers and ensure long-term growth beyond just your assigned customers.
- Provide recommendations based on the customer's infrastructure and use cases, and provide feedback to internal teams as your customer's voice.
📅 Within six months, you will…
- Drive your customers' success, including their onboarding experience, ongoing feature adoption, renewal, and expansion through a digitally nurtured program.
- Conduct streamlined onboarding processes, product enablement and customer success plans on an ongoing basis.
- Translate customer sentiment to internal teams by logging product gaps and providing supporting evidence that helps product teams prioritize our roadmap. Be the voice of the customer.
- Help solve technical problems with and for our customers.
- Flag potential opportunities for expansion and up-sell across your book of business to our Sales counterparts so they can pursue account growth and increased solution footprint.
You are an enthusiastic, self-driven, and results-oriented post-sales specialist who shares our values and is passionate about nurturing healthy customers in Pooled Success teams.
Your skill set:
- You have 1+ years of experience working in teams that provide customer post-sales coverage and support on an on-demand and on-rotation basis. Having experience with automation tools and AI for customer management is a plus.
- You are proactive. You can collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities, address complex political situations, and support customers throughout.
- You are exceptionally organized and have strong project management skills. You are a strong adopter of tools and standardized processes to document customer conversation goals and project customer health scores across your entire book of business. You can prioritize effectively and can set and deliver on expectations.
- You are naturally curious and seek to learn about product features and their benefits. You provide recommendations based on stated customer needs and use cases. You engage customers on relevant betas, updates, and educational material, as applicable.
- You are a team player who can proactively contribute to a positive environment that values people and work, openly share problems and successes, and work across teams to help refine processes and achieve goals. You can take responsibility for your actions and recognize mistakes as learning opportunities.
- You are knowledgeable in the technical topics our customers deal with daily (migrations, code refactors, developer onboarding, etc.) and have the ability to partner with them on technical solutions both using and extending the Sourcegraph product. You use your technical skills to solve problems.
- You actively listen, synthesize information, communicate effectively, and present with confidence and customer empathy to various stakeholders (end-user devs to C-level stakeholders) and internal teams.
📊 This job is an IC2. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $120,800.00 USD base + $30,200.00 USD variable ($151,000 USD on-target-earnings).
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team, including cross-functional partners…
- [Take home] Technical Assessment
- [30 min] Peer Interview - TA Peer and AE
- [30 min] Resume Deep Dive with David Medina
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30m] Values Interview
- [Time] Leadership Interview with co-founder
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees