Associate Sound Designer
Project: Aliens VR
Department: GAMES - AUDIO
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA / REMOTE
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you!
Survios currently has an opening for an Associate Sound Designer to contribute to our sound design efforts and push the quality and innovation in our games to the next level.
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, including design, edit, mix and implement sound effects in line with the creative vision.
- Assist in improving game audio features and tool development.
- Ability to perform basic testing, debugging and various optimization methods for game audio systems.
- Assist in field recording, dialogue processing, music editing, sound library maintenance.
- Interface with other departments to find the best possible audio solutions to challenges.
- Develop and cultivate their sound design skills over time.
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to create a wide range of SFX, from realistic to abstract.
- Experience in commonly available audio tools and software such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, etc.
- Basic mixing, loudness measuring, and final audio polish skills.
- General understanding of interactive music composition, music editing and mastering.
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused
- Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors from all disciplines
- Experience with Wwise and Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- Experience with Wwise’s interactive music tools.
- Experience with UE5’s MetaSounds.
- Experience with VR/AR development.
- Experience working on IP-based titles.
- Experience with performance capture, VO recording, and localization pipelines.
- Experience recording and directing voice talent.
- Experience with 3D spatialized audio and related formats, such as binaural and ambisonic.
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media.
- Experience with programming, scripting, or UE Blueprint.
- Proficiency in Reaper and Sound Forge.
- Bachelor's degree in either Music Technology, Audio Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
NOTE: This is not a Composer or Music Producer position. Please do not apply if you do not meet the “required qualifications” listed above.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our expertise in hardware, software, and games to create unbelievable, immersive game experiences in VR, AR, consoles, and PC. We’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games on all platforms.
Base salary range between $70,000 USD - $80,000 USD (Base salary range for applicants located within the United States)
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law.
Survios takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.