Senior Technology Engineer - Unreal Engine 5
Project: Aliens VR
Department: GAMES - ENGINEERING
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA / REMOTE
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you!
Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior Technology Engineer working with Unreal Engine 5 to build Console/PC/VR games. We are looking for a talented, passionate, and self-motivated individual to contribute to a technology team. The ideal candidate is a generalist with broad experience in engine systems and architectures, including considerable experience leading development in areas such as general engine systems, memory management, streaming IO, rendering, physics, networking, and engine support for consoles and PCs. There is an emphasis in working with the broader team (including Designers, Artists, Animators, and Engineers) to build the best technology and games possible.
- Collaborate with a Lead Engineer to design, implement, optimize, and support new engine systems.
- Extend, optimize and debug custom engine systems and game code.
- Extend, optimize, and debug Unreal Engine systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Mentor and review the work of other engineers.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and optimizing engine systems.
- 1+ shipped titles on console, PC, or VR.
- Significant experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- Proficiency in C++, linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Proficiency in computer architecture, memory management, streaming IO, and cross-platform development.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-threaded software.
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors from all disciplines.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Base salary range between $150,000 USD - $165,000 USD (Base salary range for applicants located within the United States)
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law.
Survios takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.