People Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring world-class Machine Learning to every product and customer experience. Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Platform when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform. In pursuit of bringing ML to every production application, we have since brought the leading commercial feature store to market and built the most popular open-source feature platform.
We are funded by Sequoia Capital and Andreessen Horowitz and have a fast-growing team that works out of SF, NYC, and remotely. Our team has extensive years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Twitter, and Quora, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
- Lead the design & deployment of core People Ops programs such as employee onboarding/offboarding, performance & talent management, recognition & rewards initiatives, benefits & open enrollment, LOA program administration, immigration, and global mobility
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations, including any related to the EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, DOL, Worker's Compensation, and workplace health & safety; respond to audits, identify gaps and inefficiencies, provide improvement recommendations and implement changes
- Manage vendor contracts and partner with our Recruiting and Legal teams to maintain
- Support & coach employees on company policies and procedures, resolve challenges, and provide a first-class experience to our Tectonauts
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships within the People Teams, with ICs, and key stakeholders in the organization
- Other special projects, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- You have an active SHRM-CP, PHR, or SPHR certification
- You have 8+ years of progressive People function experience, in high-growth companies scaling from ~50-500 people and have experience as a people manager\
- You have strong knowledge of employment, wage, and salary laws, practices, and regulations across multiple states and at the US federal level
- You have experience working on cross-functional teams and partnering with leadership in an HRBP role or equivalent
- You excel in prioritizing workload and self-managing projects; demonstrating initiative and juggling multiple, competing priorities
- You are a first principles thinker, have a strong bias for action, and are data-driven when challenging conventional approaches to problem-solving
- You thrive on creating operational efficiencies across our people processes and delivering exceptional customer service to our Tectonauts in line with our values
- Expertise in people systems & tools (we use: ChartHop, SequoiaOne, Pave, LinkedIn Recruiter, Lever, Gem, Notion)
Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national original, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at Tecton
Something looks off?