Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring world-class Machine Learning to every product and customer experience. Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
Tecton is funded by Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, along with strategic investments from Snowflake and Databricks. We have a fast-growing team that’s based in San Francisco, New York City, and remotely. Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Meta, Airbnb, Lyft, and Twitter.
As an early member of Tecton's Sales team, you will play a critical role in driving new business leads and executing our cloud-focused sales strategy in a bottoms-up approach. We are looking for a hardworking and driven sales development representative to continue to grow our rapidly expanding customer base.
- Define and drive Tecton's lead generation playbook as our first SDR
- Identify and contact prospects and generate leads through targeted outbound activities
- Engage with inbound prospects for next steps
- Execute on a cloud-first, data/ML-centric sales strategy
- Understand customer technical challenges and existing technology stacks
- Articulate Tecton's technical differentiation, integration within existing customer technology stacks, and value proposition
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical SDR / sales capacity, focused on a product led, bottoms up GTM motion for mission-critical data systems (databases, data warehouses), big data systems, analytics, and/or machine learning
- Customer relationship builder: Excellent at building deep relationships with prospects and customers
- Great communicator: Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Deep technical understanding: Thorough understanding of data and ML tooling, workflows, and industry trends
- Driven and competitive: Possess a strong desire to be successful
Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from the application through to the interview, please contact us at email@example.com.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.