Director, Solutions Architects
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring Machine Learning to every customer and product interaction on the planet. We build an enterprise-grade, world-class Feature Platform – the infrastructure that powers real-time ML applications and systems in production.
Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
Tecton is funded by Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, along with strategic investments from Snowflake and Databricks. We have a fast-growing team that’s distributed around the world, with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Meta, Airbnb, Lyft, and Twitter.
As an early member and leader of Tecton's technical sales team, you will play a critical role in leading a world-class Solutions Engineering team that drives successful engagements with prospects and customers and be an integral part of our overall enterprise sales process.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the success of our customers and be responsible for driving utilization and revenue
- Ensure that solutions architecture team has the support, skills, and environment to deliver successful solutions
- Recruit, hire, and grow teams of high-achieving solutions architects
- Collaborate internally primarily with Sales, Product, and Engineering
- Build relationships and evangelize company vision externally with customers and key business partners (ex., Snowflake and Databricks)
- Interface between product and sales to help us get better understanding of common problems and help to solve
- Analyze data about usage, performance, and process and draw and communicate insights
- Create and evolve solutions architecture strategy and vision
- Build resilient, scalable processes
- Participate and support account management activities such as account strategy, stakeholder relationship management, growth, and coordination
- Strong Work Ethic and Drive: You get stuff done and relentlessly move things forward with empathy. You understand that a startup has limited resources and needs to make progress quickly
- Strong Customer Focus: You know what it takes to make a customer successful and to bring engagements to a technical close
- Enthusiasm: You are able to motivate your team to move mountains and to stay optimistic in the face of adversity.
- Strong Communication Ability: Verbal and written communication skills are paramount as a manager. You can succinctly express and explain complex topics
- Great Stakeholder Management: You know what type of information needs to be surfaced both bottoms up and tops down. You avoid sharing noise that is not helpful and does not need to be shared.
- Empathy: You can confidently lead with empathy
- Talent Magnet: Great people gravitate towards you and you grow them into the best versions of themselves
- Strategic, Holistic, Big Picture Thinker: You think about broad business strategy and add valued, thoughtful insights and opinions across Tecton
- Strong Process Orientation: Drives solid process thinking to ensure that team is moving efficiently and in the right direction
What You Bring
- 6+ years of experience in a technical sales capacity with enterprises, focusing on complex solution sales of mission-critical data systems (databases, data warehouses), big data systems, analytics, and/or machine learning
- 3+ years of experience growing and managing a Solutions Engineering team in a highly technical or SaaS area, ideally in global time zones
- Well-versed in sales process, proof of concept, trial process, and demonstrating technical wins
- Passion for the team’s professional development and demonstrated experience coaching people to achieving developmental goals
- Ability to lead in rapidly changing and fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel periodically to meet with other Tecton teammates and customers
- Preferred: Possess good technical acumen in distributed systems. You are familiar and comfortable with Python, Spark, and SQL.
- You have a solid understanding of data and ML tooling, workflows, and trends in an enterprise setting.
- Preferred: Early stage company experience
Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from the application through to the interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.