Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work within the Engineering team and contribute to Tendo’s strategic data engineering solutions by ingesting, transforming, and warehousing healthcare related data from various sources.
You will collaborate with Tendo’s Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Machine Learning Engineers to produce quality data flows and transformations. You will develop tools and solutions to facilitate data integration, data warehousing, and modeling. Your work will enable Data Engineers and Data Scientists to experiment and train machine learning models to produce useful insights for Tendo’s customers.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in software engineering, data modeling, data warehousing, ETL pipelines, and database design. The candidate should also have a desire to learn and enrich their knowledge in data science, machine learning, and other related fields.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Philadelphia, PA. Candidates may be located in any one of our four hub locations.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Business Intelligence Analysts to ensure efficient and effective data processing and analysis.
- Optimize data infrastructure and processes to ensure optimal performance and scalability.
- Develop and maintain data documentation and data lineage.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends related to data engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Extensive experience in the design, build, and maintenance of data ETL pipelines.
- Extensive knowledge of coding in Python or Scala with focus on data processing.
- Experience using Apache Spark (PySpark or Scala).
- Experience with AWS technology stack (S3, Glue, Athena, EMR, etc.).
- Experience with data and entity relationship modeling to support data warehouses and analytics solutions.
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases (SQL/NOSQL).
- Comfortable working with unstructured and semi-structured data (Web scraping).
- Experience working in a professional software environment using source control (git), an issue tracker (JIRA, Confluence, etc.), continuous integration, code reviews, and agile development process (Scrum/Lean).
- Basic data privacy and security principles.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of, or experience with, healthcare data standards such as HL7, FHIR, ICD, SNOMED, LOINC.
- Experience with Delta Lake and/or Databricks.
- Experience with machine learning workflows and data requirements for use with ML frameworks.
- Experience validating data quality, preferably with test automation.
- Experience with containerization using Docker.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.