Director of Business Development - Health Systems
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
The Director of Business Development - Health Systems for the MDsave marketplace will develop and implement new approaches and strategies to enhance, engage, retain, and grow MDsave’s network. This person will be responsible for sharing strategic insights to advance the company by providing research, relevant data, actionable insights, and proven expertise. In this role, they will identify prospective partners, pursue their partnership, lead conversion, and maintain a positive relationship between both parties. This is an individual contributor role, and the ideal candidate is a motivated and successful sales professional who has proven success in growing the business.
MDsave, a product offering under Tendo, is the nation’s leading online medical service marketplace connecting providers, employers, and consumers to affordable, reliable, high-quality healthcare at fair, transparent prices. Through innovative, proprietary technology, MDsave simplifies the healthcare billing process for patients and providers through bundled pricing and upfront payment. MDsave’s patented technology also supports employers and payers to deliver more value to employees and policyholders, minimizing out-of-pocket deductible costs. For more information, visit www.mdsave.com.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
- Direct the development and execution of the network development vision, strategy, plans, and processes that will drive sales, increase revenue, expand markets, and accomplish financial objectives.
- Identify and evaluate new markets, partners, channels, and customers.
- Develop a wide network of contacts to keep informed about current and future industry and market actions.
- Research and analyze the business environment, competitors, and customers to develop ideas for new products and services, pricing, and business models.
- Build relationships with hospital organizations and payors from C-level down to operational leadership in both new and existing markets.
- Propose and develop strategic partnerships to grow the business.
- Gather customer, market, and competitive intelligence to identify trends, issues, and opportunities to improve MDsave’s products and services.
- Facilitate external leadership meetings to drive strategic alignment and execution of network goals.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, product development, and other stakeholders to support business development plans.
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare sales and business development with enterprise/mid-market accounts.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Must have a proven sales track record of growing business.
- Solid network of potential clients and network development contacts.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, and follow-up skills, with software/SaaS fluency.
- Excellent sales and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Must contribute to a culture that values patient privacy by complying with HIPAA and other regulations, completing company privacy training, and proactively reporting any opportunities to better protect data privacy.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.