Senior QA Engineer
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
The Senior QA Engineer is passionate about quality and automation, coordinating with other Tendo team members to deliver a patient-focused digital healthcare platform and applications with top quality. This person feels a deep sense of ownership and accountability for QA processes and is responsible for formulating processes, procedures, and testing guidelines for the team. Additionally, the Senior QA Engineer will mentor and motivate more junior team members so that they can effectively work independently and in a team setting. A constant advocate for improvement, the Senior QA Engineer will set high standards for both themselves and the team.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Philadelphia, PA. Candidates may be located in any one of our four hub locations.
- Strategically lead QA efforts with strong planning, task estimation, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Coordinate cross-browser and cross-device testing, including mobile devices to determine usability of software, and identify bugs or issues.
- Create written communication of software defects in a clear and concise manner and verify issues are resolved.
- Write automated test scripts using Appium/Cucumber/WebDriverIO or equivalent automation tools.
- Lead and participate in all aspects of testing, including but not limited to functional, regression, system, Integration, and performance.
- Challenge development and product management to clarify requirements and functional design as a consumer advocate.
- Mentor junior QA engineers on processes and products.
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer for web-based applications in healthcare or a related field.
- Solid experience with Behavior Driven Development approach.
- Solid experience with Appium/Cucumber/WebDriverIO or equivalent automation tools.
- Experience with automation frameworks for API testing (REST or GraphQL preferred).
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, highly responsive Agile team with rapidly evolving requirements and architectures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Basic database query skills.
Nice to Have
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field.
- Experience of testing web-based applications on mobile.
- Ability to operate in a microservice-based architecture deployed on AWS.
- Understanding of WCAG regression suites, compliance guidelines, and testing methodologies including front-end design for accessibility, screen readers, and keyboard navigation.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.