Director of Business Development - Employer
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Monday, December 4, 2023
As the Director of Business Development - Employer, you will work with the Senior Director of Business Development and other leaders to further develop our payer and employer presence and increase patient access to our services. You will identify and develop new revenue generating employer relationships nationwide, focusing on care navigators, TPAs, alternative health plans, large self-funded employers, and large regional and national payers. The person in this role will be responsible for the entire sales process, from identifying opportunities to developing relationships and converting those leads into customers. You will be responsible for identifying partnerships that match Tendo's employer platform and solution and maximizes access to as many self-funded lives as possible. This is a strategic growth area for Tendo, so you will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders across our Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, and Product teams.
MDsave, a product offering under Tendo, is the nation’s leading online medical service marketplace connecting providers, employers, and consumers to affordable, reliable, high-quality healthcare at fair, transparent prices. Through innovative, proprietary technology, MDsave simplifies the healthcare billing process for patients and providers through bundled pricing and upfront payment. MDsave’s patented technology also supports employers and payers to deliver more value to employees and policyholders, minimizing out-of-pocket deductible costs. For more information, visit www.mdsave.com.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
- Identify, engage, and build relationships with key stakeholders across target accounts.
- Manage the sales pipeline end to end, from prospect sourcing through contract negotiation and signing.
- Build and maintain relationships with care navigators, TPAs, large self funded employers, and payers from C-level down to operational leadership.
- Develop account-specific proposals that address individual account needs and build on their behavioral health strategy.
- Collaborate with marketing, services, product development, and other stakeholders to support business development plans.
- 7+ years of experience in business development roles, ideally in healthcare and technology selling into care navigators, TPAs, large self funded employers, payers, etc.
- Deep understanding of payers’ needs, decision-making, and contracting structures.
- Strong network of people in the payer and self funded employer group community.
- Strong communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear, concise, and compelling messaging.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, with an exceptional drive to generate growth opportunities for Tendo.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.