Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be a key member of the fast-paced accounting team. This role will manage all payables, including the payable entries into the company’s ERP system and managing the payables inbox, and will perform reconciliations and journal entries specific to accounts payable. This role will be responsible for communicating with both internal and external stakeholders of the business to follow up on inquiries, and troubleshooting and resolving disputes related to purchasing and billing.
The position is located at Visterra’s facility in Waltham, MA. The hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Manage all payables and payable entries.
- Review invoices for proper approvals and coding and process invoices in the Company’s ERP system.
- Verify invoices, invoice number, account codes and financial accounts and assists with the resolution of any discrepancies.
- Perform 2-way and 3-way matches on all invoices, including outreach to Visterra employees for any approvals and verification of receipt of goods and services.
- Monitor and manage the accounts payable inbox, including assisting in resolving both employee and third-party vendor questions and issues related to all AP matters.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Traces transactions through previous accounting actions to help resolve discrepancies.
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to payment status inquiries.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain accounts payable vendor files in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Prepare monthly AP reconciliations.
- Other ad hoc duties to support account payable function, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A positive, professional, approachable attitude; exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build professional rapport with staff, board members, and visitors at all levels.
- Ability to regularly handles confidential and proprietary information with utmost discretion.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and work independently and demonstrate superior attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams.
- Experience working in Intacct and/or SAP helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and issues before they arise, proactively identify solutions and work independently and collaboratively to problem-solve conflicts.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibility and learn new skills.
We are a team of 100 talented and driven people working passionately and collaboratively to develop a robust pipeline of innovative antibody-based therapies for patients with unmet needs. Our proprietary technology platform powered by our state-of-the-art laboratory enables the design and engineering of precision antibody-based product candidates that specifically bind to, and modulate, key disease targets for the treatment of patients with kidney diseases and other hard-to-treat diseases. Visterra is a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. of Japan. As a member of the Otsuka family of companies, we have the advantage of being a dynamic, nimble, innovative organization where you can make direct, meaningful impacts while benefiting from the support, stability, and long-term perspective of a 100-year-old global company.
Visterra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.