(Sr.) Software Engineer (Golang) - Cloud
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
ZEDEDA, the leader in IoT edge orchestration, delivers visibility, control, and security for the IoT edge, with the freedom of deploying and managing any app on any hardware at scale and connecting to any cloud or on-premises systems. IoT edge solutions require a diverse mix of technologies and domain expertise and ZEDEDA enables customers with an open, vendor-agnostic orchestration framework that breaks down silos and provides the needed agility and future-proofing as they evolve their connected operations. Customers can now seamlessly orchestrate intelligent applications at the IoT edge to gain access to critical insights, make real-time decisions and maximize operational efficiency. ZEDEDA is a venture-backed Silicon Valley company, headquartered in San Jose, CA, with offices in India and Germany.
About the Position: (Sr.) Software Engineer (Golang) – Berlin, Germany or Remote EU
ZEDEDA cloud controller platform provisions is a SaaS solution for provisioning and controlling Edge gateways/servers (EVE Nodes) and the lifecycle of their enterprise applications. This requires orchestrating multiple microservices across multiple nodes either in the public cloud or in some private On-Premise data centers. We are looking for seasoned cloud developers who can drive ZEDEDA cloud controller to the next level.
Working closely with the other members of the cloud, SRE, UI, and EVE-OS development teams, you will help to design features and then implement various layers of the distributed cloud services. You will have varying levels of autonomy based on what you are comfortable with, and the scale and complexity of the work items. Typical features include orchestrating new functionality around networking and workload management on edge devices, creating admin tools for managing fleets of devices, and data streaming and enrichment for data coming from edge devices.
· 4+ years experience in programming, preferably microservices and distributed systems
· Strong programming skills in one or more modern programming languages with at least some experience in Golang
· 2+ years experience developing RESTful servicesExperience with any relational database is required, and some experience with other database technologies is desirable
· Experience with structured testing - eg: building or using tooling for writing unit, integration, or E2E tests
Experience with scaling production web services, and network and workload orchestration would all be valuable
· 2+ years experience on AWS, Azure, or GC
· Great communication skills, both verbal and written in English
BS in Computer Science, BE in Software Engineering, or equivalent is desirable.