Manager, System Safety Technical Program Management
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities and safely deploy such a robotaxi solution. Zoox’s System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team is responsible for constructing the safety case for each milestone. We play a foundational role for the success of the company. We are seeking an experienced people manager who is passionate about bringing teams together and excels in a fast-paced product innovation organization to lead and grow the Technical Program Management (TPM) team in the SDMA department.
- Lead, mentor, and develop SDMA Technical Program Managers to meet evolving company needs
- Advocate for the SDMA TPM team
- Strategically define hiring plans to support key department work streams
- Manage and allocate team resources based on business priorities
- Identify opportunities to increase the value and effectiveness of the SDMA team
- Establish close collaboration and build trusting relationships with senior leaders from cross-functional teams including hardware, software, vehicle engineering, operations, human factors, program management office, legal, and safety policy.
- Lean on the partnership with peer teams to define and plan milestone workstreams, develop program schedules, flag risks, estimate and manage budgets, ensure timely and high-quality program execution, and clearly communicate on-going progress.
- Manage department quarterly planning and progress tracking
- Represent the SDMA System Safety team at key program review meetings
- BS degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management role in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity is seen as opportunities
- 3+ years of people management experience developing high-performing teams
- Possesses excellent EQ with an empathetic communication style that fosters connection, collaboration and motivation
- Working-level knowledge of system safety and/or systems engineering
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Working experience in automotive industry or the autonomous driving technology industry
- Experience with safety critical systems
- Familiarity with applicable industry safety standards such as MIL-STD-882, ISO 26262, ISO 21448 PAS, etc.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $191,000 to $277,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?