Software Engineer, Platforms Software Security
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2022
The Security Software Development & Analysis (SSDA) team is a subteam within ProdSec aiming at improving the security posture of Zoox robotaxi service through:
Development of security-critical software for vehicle platform & backend infrastructure
Development of software for security monitoring & analytics
Providing security guidance to software teams through architecture reviews, threat analysis, risk assessment, and development of reference implementations of security features
- Develop, build, release, and maintain software security tools as well as security libraries associated with different platforms of vehicle components and backend infrastructure
- Harden operating systems of vehicle components and infrastructure through detection and removal of unused functionality, OS image customizations and security patching
- Work on automation of security testing and tooling integration with our CI/CD pipeline
- 3+ years of experience in development and maintenance of security-critical software
- Knowledge of cryptographic protocols and widely used tools/libs (e.g. OpenSSL, OpenSSH, TPM2.0)
- Strong systems programming skills in C/C++
- Build & release experience
- Deep understanding of operating systems fundamentalsStrong written and verbal communication skills
- B.S Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Ph.D degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience in secure software development for embedded systems
- Record of finding vulnerabilities in security libraries or tools
- DevSecOps experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $265,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?