Software Quality Assurance Engineer - System Behavior
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer focused on systems behavior analysis, you will play a critical role in the development of Zoox's autonomous platform. You'll work with a broad set of engineering teams across Zoox to identify issues. You will help triage and root cause these issues and analyze the test results to ensure there are no regressions with our platform. You will also produce test reports and commentary that informs leadership on the overall quality and helps drive engineering decisions. Your ability to distill complex systems and root cause issues will be critical to producing a safe and stable vehicle platform.
- Analyze vehicle behavior from both on-road testing and virtual simulation runs
- Perform detailed root cause analysis to understand failure modes/severity to support software development
- Analyst test results and identify trends in the behavior of autonomous software
- Work closely with a broad set of engineering teams across the company on issue resolution
- Produce test reports and commentary that informs leadership and the engineering teams on the overall quality
- Assist in the project management of various initiatives by serving as a subject matter expert for triage — providing training and certification to project personnel, managing communications between project stakeholders, and helping with project planning
- BS or MS in Computer Science or STEM-related field
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance or Triage role
- Experience with Linux or Unix based systems
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Jira
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience with scripting/programming languages, preferably Python
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional and international partners
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
- Previous experience at analyzing the behavior of complex systems comprising of software and hardware subcomponents is highly preferred
- Experience in a Quality Assurance or Triage role for Autonomous Driving
- Experience with SQL and Data Analytics for Autonomous Driving
- Project Management experience on programs involving cross-functional partners and offshore teams
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $114,000 to $180,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?