Senior/ Staff Data Scientist - Perception Verification & Validation
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 5, 2022
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our Perception Verification and Validation team. The team is responsible for verifying and validating the perception stack of our autonomous driving system. The candidate will work closely with other data scientists, perception engineers, and safety engineers to develop models and metrics to quantify the performance of our perception system. The candidate will also define key performance metrics that will help perception engineers to directly measure the impact of the new features they are developing not only on the Perception stack but also on the end-to-end system behavior.
- Develop models to analyze and characterize the influence of perception errors in simulated scenarios
- Define key performance metrics that will help perception engineers to measure the impact of new features on the perception stack and the end-to-end system behavior
- Collaborate with perception engineers to improve the overall performance of the perception stack
- Analyze large datasets to identify patterns and insights
- Present results and insights to executive leadership
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
- PhD or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a data science or related field
- Strong background in statistical modeling and analysis
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Experience designing metrics and building mechanisms to fuel business insights
- Proficient with Spark or large-scale data analysis, SQL
- Proficient with Python
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the automotive industry or autonomous driving systems
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience in System Verification and Validation
- Knowledge of perception systems or computer vision
- Experience with simulation environments
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $210,000 - $300,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?