Test Infrastructure Engineer
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2022
Zoox is looking for a talented Test Infrastructure Engineer to develop the test infrastructure to support the manufacturing test of our autonomous vehicles. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for deploying software solutions such as test automation frameworks, result databases, and other supporting tools to help with the development of functional tests for PCBAs and related assemblies. You will work closely with the test team and other software and hardware teams within Zoox to scale up our manufacturing test operations.
- Build a Python-based test framework to help run all factory acceptance tests at Zoox manufacturing sites
- Build and maintain server infrastructure to support manufacturing test operations including a manufacturing database, a web frontend, and backups
- Drive the development of common code libraries used by test engineers
- Implement RESTful APIs to provide access to manufacturing data
- Collaborate with and integrate AHMO test infrastructure with other Zoox teams
- Establish test-wide standards for code and infrastructure including best practices
- Work with the wider Test Engineering team to improve factory tests and test hardware
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Strong background in python programming (scripting, web services, tool development)
- Knowledge of shell scripting and the Linux platform
- Experience in back-end development including knowledge of databases (MongoDB, PGSQL, MariaDB), web servers, and container technologies such as Docker
- Expert knowledge of git (and github) including branch/merge flows and code review tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines including setup, nightly, and reproducible builds, and deployment strategies
- Some experience with front-end development (ReactJS or similar)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience deploying web and database applications to the cloud and bare-metal servers
- Experience setting up code regressions and associated infrastructure
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing is a definite plus
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $143,000 to $226,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?