Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
The Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer will ensure that all processes that are conducted as part of the assembly, bring-up, and End-of-Line (EOL) testing of our vehicles will meet the high-quality standard of Zoox. This includes the development and implementation of In-Line and End-of-Line quality checks as well as driving the root cause resolution of any issues that occur during the manufacturing process. As part of a daily routine, the Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer will interact with many different parties including Corporate Quality, Vehicle Engineering, Supplier Quality, and Software.
- Development and integration of quality and functional checks into the manufacturing process
- Conduct root-cause analysis for any assembly-related issues
- Development, implementation, and optimization of the End-of-Line process
- Creating and maintaining of PFMEAs
- Development and Implementation of control plans
- Analysis of quality data to improve the assembly and test process
- Work cross-functionally to help resolve supplier quality or design-related issues that occurred during the manufacturing process
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual
- Create the procedures, instructions, and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000, and similar)
- Engineering Degree in the respective field (Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quality/manufacturing engineering
- Experience with creating FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP
- Able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Process Improvement certification (Lean Six Sigma / Shainin)
- CATIA V5/V6 experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $113,000 to $184,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.