Manager, Platform Development
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
The SW HIL team will ensure that the testing environment for system and subsystem testing improves in uptime, reliability, and feature set. To aid the adoption of our testing framework for use by other teams, the SW HIL team will both collaborate in test development and will maintain key tests that exercise the functionality of the testing framework.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, self-starting Platform Engineer to join our Systems Reliability and Stability team. This position will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep, design, and maintenance of various engineering services. You will oversee and collaborate with other teams to ensure the high uptime of our robot testing platforms while measuring and improving their stability, accuracy, and usability.
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers
- Responsible for measuring and maintaining the uptime of various services critical to the development of autonomous vehicles such as testing and validation of on-vehicle hardware
- Involved with all phases of rolling out different services; from design, deployment, operations, and continuous improvement.
- Work with systems handling large volumes of data and data processing pipelines while performing compute intensive tasks on CPUs and GPUs.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, math, or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with hardware or physical systems, cloud-based is applicable
- Experience supporting multiple in-production services- Experience utilizing tools such as Ansible/Salt and Terraform effectively
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Ability to extract and report useful performance or service metrics
- Linux system administrative experience, Ubuntu preferred
- Fluency in Python or C / C++
- Master’s degree in an engineering, math, or related field
- Experience using Docker, AWS, or Kubernetes
- Experience handling large data sets
- Excited to build, measure, and improve software that lives on our Main-AI compute stack
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.