Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2022
As a Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineer, you will be a part of the team that implements diagnostic systems and executes processes to bring up, validate, test, and troubleshoot the Zoox vehicle. You will develop and improve our processes for testing the electrical and firmware systems of a vehicle to perform the End-of-Line diagnostics in the manufacturing process.
- You will design and implement future manufacturing lines involving the next-generation diagnostic architecture to support higher-volume production
- You will develop and implement a novel diagnostic system using programming, networking, and operating system knowledge to bring up/test vehicle Electronic Control Units (ECUs) firmware and Primary Control Units (PCUs) software during manufacturing processes
- You will build test plans and test coverage for vehicle production, incorporating vehicle behaviors, functionalities, and manufacturing cycle times
- You will validate vehicle behavior, triage issues, identify root causes, and lead resolutions (pertaining to software, tooling, deployment, harness, hardware, etc.) during vehicle manufacturing testing, bring-up, firmware updates, and calibration
- You will work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle-level requirements and translate them into scalable system-level validation test scripts and test cases to be performed during the vehicle integration process
- You will develop and implement a system to manage End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment and perform diagnostics on the data collected by the EOL system
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience with automotive controller integration testing or test script development/programming in high-level languages
- Experience in Python programming or similar high-level programming language
- Experience with GitHub or similar tools for software management
- Background in Linux and shell (bash) scripting
- Master’s degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with network engineering, TCP/IP protocols, and communication over API
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies like FMEA and fault trees
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $163,000 to $217,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.