Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2022
As a Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineer, you will be a part of the team that implements diagnostic systems and executes processes to bring up, validate, test, and troubleshoot the Zoox vehicle. You will develop and improve our processes for testing the electrical and firmware systems of a vehicle to perform the End-of-Line diagnostics in the manufacturing process.
- Design and implement future manufacturing lines involving the next-generation diagnostic architecture to support higher-volume production
- Develop and implement a novel diagnostic system using programming, networking, and operating system knowledge to bring up/test vehicle Electronic Control Units (ECUs) firmware and Primary Control Units (PCUs) software during manufacturing processes
- Build test plans and test coverage for vehicle production, incorporating vehicle behaviors, functionalities, and manufacturing cycle times
- Validate vehicle behavior, triage issues, identify root causes, and lead resolutions (pertaining to software, tooling, deployment, harness, hardware, etc.) during vehicle manufacturing testing, bring-up, firmware updates, and calibration
- Work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle-level requirements and translate them into scalable system-level validation test scripts and test cases to be performed during the vehicle integration process
- Develop and implement a system to manage End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment and perform diagnostics on the data collected by the EOL system
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience with automotive controller integration testing or test script development/programming in high-level languages
- Experience in Python programming or similar high-level programming language
- Experience with GitHub or similar tools for software management
- Background in Linux and shell (bash) scripting
- Strong experience with reading, troubleshooting, and injecting packets over various network protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Automotive Ethernet, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical systems, sensors, and actuators as well as ECU communication
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment
- Master’s degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with network engineering, TCP/IP protocols, and communication over API
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies like FMEA and fault trees
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $151,000 to $250,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.