Senior Technical Product Manager- Data Science
IT, Product, Data Science
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 2, 2022
The Data team at Zoox provides actionable insights by measuring and interpreting data from teams across Zoox. We serve as advocates for Zoox riders, adopting and developing rider-centric metrics to provide a holistic picture of Zoox's service and autonomous capability. Our primary tool for evaluation is the scientific method.
We are building a software platform to test and evaluate driving AI. This collaborative initiative leverages expertise from the simulation, infrastructure, data, AI, and safety teams at Zoox. We are seeking a Product Manager to join us and shape our approach to AI development.
As a Technical Product Manager, Data Science, you will:
- Help us develop better autonomous vehicles by guiding the roadmap of ML products for evaluating safety-critical AI applications.
- Work with different teams to define the vision, features and functions of evaluation tools.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Safety, and Data Science to solve complex problems.
- Promote a deeper understanding of our many users within your working group.
To be successful, you:
- Have 5+ years of product management experience (8 years total).
- Know how to work with many teams to launch (and retire) impactful products.
- Have a reasoned, structured approach to solving problems with a lot of data.
- Strive for clarity, though comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Are curious, you are motivated to test, learn, and iterate.
- Are user focused, you care about why we are solving problems.
- Have a background that allows you to be comfortable with technical concepts and large amounts of data from a variety of sources.
- You have a lot of experience working with data (data scientist, data engineer).
- Experience developing AI/ML or robotics products, particularly autonomous vehicles.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $190,000 to $240,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?