Program Manager, NPI Operations
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Zoox is looking for a program manager to support our new product introduction process for our hardware efforts. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our engineering leaders across software, hardware, vehicle engineering, and product to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will work with engineering teams to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
- Provide New Product Introduction (NPI) guidance to support the development of our in-house designed components and assemblies to meet product and timeline requirements.
- Participate in design review meetings to help guide product development by advising the design team on device manufacturability, assembly flow, and test and fixture requirements.
- Interface across our organization to help drive awareness for manufacturability in development activities from prototype builds to reliability testing and rollouts to the field.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts for efficiency, cost, and quality of manufacturing.
- Drive and maintain Assembly BOM to align with manufacturing and supply chain needs
- Support Cross Functional teams in demand planning, forecasting, and budgeting of NPI products
- BS or MS degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in program management or management consulting
- Experience with hardware and new product introduction
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Prior experience working in a startup environment
- Strong track record in managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts, Jira, Google Sheets, and Smartsheets)
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Prior experience in the Automotive field or other highly regulated industries
- Ability to manage confidential information
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $172,000 to $249,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?