Senior Systems Engineer, Autonomy Verification and Validation
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
As a Validation and Verification Systems Engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will be responsible for developing and executing vehicle-level testing for autonomous safety-critical systems.
- Establish strategies and methodologies to verify and validate the software stack with robust test coverage
- Work cross functionally to develop detailed simulation and structured test plans and procedures to validate autonomous features
- Execute the technical and logistical planning of vehicle tests including cross-functional coordination with other teams: vehicle engineering, operations, software, and sensors
- Design efficient test programs to achieve test coverage of requirements and scenarios, drawing on simulation, and analysis where possible
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
- Design, develop, and operate test equipment and instrumentation systems
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the field, and trace failures to correct subsystems
- Perform test data analysis and report test results. Define and develop automated data extraction tools to streamline analysis and reporting
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of system test engineering experience in the automotive, robotics or aerospace industry
- Analytical skills and hands-on experience
- Cross-disciplinary background and curiosity
- Ability to grapple with ambiguity and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Experience with requirement and test traceability tools such as Polarion, Jama, DOORS, or TestRails
- Experience developing integration, test plans and procedures for safety critical robotic systems and/or autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C or C++
- Familiarity with AB Dynamics test equipment
- Experience with Linux Systems, OxTS
- Experience with test scripting and data analysis languages (Python and SQL preferred)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $184,000 to $231,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?