Senior Technical Program Manager - Robot Functional Safety
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2020
Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager that will drive the development of vehicle platform safety analysis and requirements needed to unlock this future.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work across hardware, software, and safety teams to decompose the high level strategy into tactical plans that facilitate execution at the engineering team level. You have strong technical skills and demonstrate intrinsic ownership of projects you work on. You balance this with empowering the team and thriving in a dynamic environment. You cut through competing priorities with data and analysis to drive execution
You will develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate on-going progress. It is your job to ensure that all engineering groups are coordinated, understand their priorities, and are on-track to deliver on our corporate milestones on time and on budget.
- Translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables with department leaders
- Define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget) with cross-functional leaders and finance teams
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Define and manage process and regular meetings
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified
- Proactively mitigate and retire risk with engineering teams
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in program management of technical programs
- Deep familiarity with requirements development processes
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- 3+ years of experience working on automotive, motion control and/or navigation systems.
- Experience with pipeline infrastructures or simulation
- Experience with safety critical or high integrity systems
- Experience with functional safety for autonomous vehicles
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $168,000 to $240,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?