Employee Relations Business Partner
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2022
As the Employee Relations Business Partner, you will provide guidance and support employee relations concerns while supporting Zoox’s overall People & Culture strategy. You will support overall positive employee engagement. The right person understands the core values of our culture, has experience solving people and employment-related issues, and can pivot quickly. You should also be data driven and through a combination of intelligence, experience, and information be able to drive systemic improvements over time.
- Manage Reasonable Accommodation process, working with management, employees, and HR
- Conduct some ER Investigations
- Foster effective, collaborative relationships with HR teams and business leaders
- Assist in the implementation of employee relations policies and procedures
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the Company’s drug testing policy
- Help create trainings on compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Assist with documentation, including maintaining complete and accurate records
- Manage day-to-day requests for ER support from interdepartmental partners
Must Have Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years of experience in employee relations, employment law, compliance, or HR
- Heavy experience managing reasonable accommodation process
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote locations
Nice To Have Experience
- Masters Degree
- 3+ years experience in employee relations, investigations, employment law, and compliance
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws that govern employment policies and practices
- Leave of absence experience
This hybrid role entails working in the office three days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $121,000 to $194,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.